November 30, 2008

Bowl Confusion Series


Does anyone understand the BCS mess? The bowl picture is so disproportionately out of sync with what should happen, its amazing that anyone can figure out who should be crowned national champion. So far the general consensus is that Alabama and Florida are set to play for the championship.

I’m not sure that I’m excited about this matchup because even though Alabama looks like a dominant team, they struggled to put Mississippi away, they should have crushed Tennessee and they only managed 36-points on Auburn who came into their game with ‘Bama with a 5-6 record.

Florida may have an 11-1 record, but I’m still not convinced that they should be in the title game. I’m not digging that hole any deeper. This whole (toilet) Bowl Championship Series is going down the crapper and fast. I’m going to be just as disappointed as I have been in years past and I’ll say what I always say before the bowl games get underway, its not about the game, its about the money!

No comments: