February 28, 2010

Standouts and Today's O.J. Winner

And the O.J. goes to...
This is starting to sound a bit like a broken record but the NBA just seems to have more than its share of idiots grabbing boards and headlines. Timberwolves player Al Jefferson is the recipient of today’s O.J. for his Sunday morning arrest for suspicion of DWI.

Jefferson was stopped by a Minnesota State Trooper early Sunday morning on Highway 394 for speeding in a 40PMPH zone. Unlike yesterday’s O.J. winner, Carlos Arroyo, Jefferson was very cooperative and very remorseful, issuing an apology to the public.

I want to apologize to the entire Timberwolves organization, owner Glen Taylor, my teammates, coaches and Wolves fans everywhere for my actions last night.
I made a very poor decision and I am truly sorry for that. As a leader on this team, I know that more is expected of me, and I am disappointed in myself. I will learn from my mistake so that it does not happen again.

Jefferson will be suspended for two games without pay. We hope that this is a lesson that Jefferson learns and doesn’t repeat, mostly because you just hate to see good people make bad decisions.

Standouts....
Even though he didn't participate in many of the workouts and skills at the NFL Combine, Tim Tebow is still improving his stock with the skills that he did participate in. He showed his football I.Q. during the interviews and no one can really dispute his ability to run an offense to perfection.

BYU running back Manase Tonga may not have turned in the best 40-time but you gotta give him an A for effort. He looks trim and appeared to impress scouts with his speed despite his weight and you can't forget that the guy can block like a train in rush hour traffic.

But it was running backs C.J. Spiller, Montario Hardesty and Jahvid Best along with wide receivers Arrelious Benn and Jacoby Ford that really impressed me most. I'm really looking forward to seeing the defensive linemen and linebackers participate in the skills tomorrow. Daniel Te'o-Neshiem put up a respectable 29 reps (one of the days best) but it is Ndamukong Suh (32 reps) that everyone is eager to see.

No comments: